This should come as no surprise to regular readers, since it happens pretty much every year, but EA is shuttering more of its online servers for its multiplayer games.
It is surprising that the list includes MMA, which had an online pass available for secondhand game buyers. EA is also cutting support for The Midnight Show strip club DLC offered as a free code in new copies of The Saboteur (or for purchase if you bought the game used and wanted nudity). It's not clear whether the DLC will cease to function, or you just won't be able to download it anymore. In fact, whoever compiled the list of games being dropped incorrectly refers to it as "The Midnight Club."
Here's the complete list of games that will become "local play only" on or about April 13:
- Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii)
- Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)
- EA Create (Mac, PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
- EA Sports Active 2.0 (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
- EA Sports Active Training Camp (Wii)
- FIFA '10 (PSP, Wii)
- The Godfather II (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
- MMA (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Need for Speed ProStreet (PS3, Xbox 360)
- The Saboteur Midnight Show access (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Spare Parts (PS3, Xbox 360)