We promised to do something magical if Gamewatcher reached 1000 Twitter followers. At this writing, he's at 996 but peaked at 1008 and crept back up to 1000 at least four times over the past few days. Close enough! To reward the Busy Gamer Community for helping put busy gamers on the map (we've since scored our very first Community Night on Xbox Live - watch for details!), we're delivering a unique prize:
The Grand Theft Auto IV Lockbox of Epic Goodness (click images above for more detailed look at what's inside)
Here's what's included:
- From the Grand Theft Auto IV Collector's Edition: Branded lockbox with keys, Rockstar keychain, The Art of Grand Theft Auto IV hardcover book and The Music of Grand Theft Auto IV 16-track CD
- From the Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition: Chris Redfield figure, Africa pendant and Tricell bag
- From Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition: Altair figure and Assassin's Creed comic
- Dead or Alive 3 figurines: Kasumi, Ayane and Lei-Fang
- From Fallout 3 Collector's Edition: The Art of Fallout 3 hardcover book
- Parappa the Rapper figure (he even talks!)
- Super Monkey Ball Gongon figure
- Peggle Character Cards
- Blue fluffy Chuzzle
Here's how to maximize your chance to win:
- Enter a comment here, as usual. That's all you really NEED to do.
- Tweet the following on Twitter: Win Grand Theft Auto IV Lockbox of Epic Goodness at BusyGamerNews.com, home of Busy Gamer Podcast! RT + enter: http://bit.ly/bz20tk #bgnfsf
- Review (or re-review) our Busy Gamer Podcast on iTunes
- Review (or re-review) the Best of Busy Gamer Podcast on iTunes. This is a short audio highlights feed with our reviews, audio tours and other timeless bits.
If you do 2, 3 and/or 4 (and why wouldn't you?), you do need to let us know your Twitter/iTunes name(s) in your comment so we can find, verify and include your bonus entries in the drawing and match them up to contact you if one of them wins. If we can't easily tell who you are on Twitter and/or iTunes, the bonus entry is disqualified.
You DO have to enter a comment here and follow the other rules to be eligible. Here's how to enter:
Simply post a comment on this page. (You can do the other things listed above if you want to earn some extra chances to win.) Say whatever is on your mind as long as it's not an ad or profane. Be sure to read the Sweepstakes Rules to ensure you are eligible to win and don't get disqualified by double-posting or forgetting to provide an e-mail address.
NOTE: If you play for extra chances on Twitter or by posting podcast reviews on iTunes, you still have to enter here AND let us know your Twitter and/or iTunes names so we can match you up. iTunes ratings alone do not count since we can't see who posted them, so add or update a comment! (If you already posted an iTunes review, you can still update your review once a week for a bonus entry in each week's giveaway. Just log in to iTunes and click Write a Review; it should load your existing review and let you modify it.)
You may also want to white list this domain; we've had MANY would-be winners lose out because they never responded to their prize notification! If you use TypeKey/TypePad, be sure your e-mail address will be shared. No e-mail address, no prize. (Don't worry, no one else will see it - and we'll only use it to contact you if you win.)
Note that unless you're an authenticated poster who has been active on the site and marked as trusted, your comment will NOT appear immediately. It will go into a queue for me to approve, which I'll do several times a day (except the first weekend, where comments may not be approved until sometime late on Sunday). Do NOT double-post. We'll extend the entry period for this until 5:01 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, August 11 to ensure you have plenty of time to enter and verify your entry was posted.
We also sometimes give away unannounced Instant Win prizes and podcast extras. Here are a few tips since this can happen at any time. Check our Busy Gamer Podcast on Sundays for possible hints about what's coming. 1) Follow Gamewatcher on Twitter. Before we post the next Free Stuff Bonus - Instant Win, we'll give you a fair warning tweet. 2) Subscribe to our RSS feed and set it to check for updates frequently.
We continue to stock up on cool goodies for Free Stuff Friday - and we will keep doing so as long as there's enough response, even if we continue to lose money on this site. So tell your friends about this! Hey, if we get bigger, so will the prizes that YOU could win! While you're at it, post comments wherever you see something interesting. Also, if you get a game code you don't need or have some other cool game-related prize you want to donate, we'd be very grateful (we pay for most of this stuff ourselves!).