- Guild Wars temporarily changed the gender of its players' characters
- QuakeCon claimed they had given up FPS gaming for seismology
- Wizards of the Coast announced a new role-playing game based on Monopoly
- Blizzard introduced the tin foil hat for stylish World of Warcraft players who want to be "safe from mind spies and the thought police"
- Second Life altered its load screens with silly messages, such as "Teleporting to preview of Second Death"
- TeamXbox.com reported that Sony was recalling the PS3
April Fools' Round-up - Gender Wars, WoW tinfoil hat and WiiHelm
In addition to my own little contribution (inspired by the Wii interface article I'm finishing up and vow to post any day now!), there were a few decent April Fool's jokes played on the gaming community this weekend: